Hey bloggas! It’s been a while (understatement), and I thought I would just start off with a brain dump! (which upon reflection, sounds a little gross, but hey, I am going with it!) There is WAYYYYYYYYY too much going on in my life and ministry right now, so I thought I should share some of it. Here’s whats rattling around between my ears:
- I have guilty blog feelings. I had a pretty decent community here, and then I fell off the face of the blogosphere. My apologies. But this time, I make no promises that it will be any different. (I can usually beat low expectations!) But I will try. (probably) (I like parentheses too much)
- MASTERED. We are in the middle of a series at DCC dealing with addictions and other things we allow to control our life! My intention is to GORILLA STOMP Satan’s stronghold in people’s lives. And let me tell you, he is pushing back. You know you are moving in the right direction when Satan is pushing back at you.
- Two more baptisms. That makes 3 in the past month! So excited to see people starting a journey of faith! THAT NEVER GETS OLD!!!!!!!!!!
- We are going back to Haiti in September. That is never far from my mind. We have alot of first timers getting on board, and that is exciting!!!! Wanna go? Let me know and we’ll talk!
- Praying about doing discipleship better at DCC! Got a few great ideas, and some key people that are ready to jump in!
- My mom is coming into town! The kids are pumped. Roseann is pumped. And we may even get to work in a mini-vacay at the beach while she’s here! FTW!!!!!!
- I was the driver for our youth group last night! The girls in the back seat were singing Justin Beiber. (BARF!) When I henceforth banned the singing of any Beiber ever again, they changed the words. “Billy, Billy, Billy, ohhhhhh.” (DOUBLE BARF!) I almost wrecked the van. (Not really, parents…..)
- Pondering how to accomplish some local mission trips/events with the aforementioned youths…. Got an idea this morning. We will see how she pans out.
- WALMART. Yes, I have Walmart on the brain! Denton is getting our very own supercenter, and I was watching the construction while having coffee at Dunkin’ (mmmmm, coffee) this morning. They have three walls up and that place is HUGE!
- I have an awesome wife. wow.
- In addition to the aforementioned (new favorite word) spouse, I was overwhelmed this morning by all the
awesomeincredibly, amazingly awesome people I am surrounded by in my life. I sent texts to a bunch of them this morning to let them know. (That’s a really good thing for you to do too. Just sayin’)
- I could really go for some seafood. (Bobby, fire up the grill!!)
Ok, that’s whats on my mind this Monday. What are your brain circuits firing about today?